2545 Boyer Ave E
- SQF 250
The studio is part of a beautiful midcentury modern home in a great location overlooking Portage Bay. It has easy access by car or bus to Capitol Hill, SLU, Fremont and Wallingford and has cafe, bar, and restaurant in close walking distance. It is also very close to the beautiful Washington Park Arboretum, UW campus and University District!
The studio, is in the basement of the house and is perfect for a couple or a business traveler!
The studio is in the basement of the house and is newly renovated and features high-end finishes and well-considered design touches that make it feel like home. Despite its size, the apartment has ample light and plenty of room for all the amenities a guest could want for their trip.
The house itself was designed for Alden Mason, a well-regarded painter by architect Victor Steinbruek (lead architect on the Space Needle and a prominent preservationist in Seattle).
Neighborhood or Area Name: Montlake
Property Type: Apartment
Number of floors in the property: 1 level inside the apartment but have to climb like 15 stairs to get to the apartment. ***ATTENTION: In the winter stairs can get slippery! Be careful!
Living Area: 250 sqft
Number of bedrooms: 1 (Studio)
Number of bathrooms and type: 1 Full (shower only)
Number of beds: 1 Queen bed.
Available in the property: TV, Streaming Devices, Internet, Wireless Internet (Continuous access in the listing)
No satellite or cable available in the apartment.
The TV is Roku-enabled to allow for easy streaming in the apartment. Netflix, Hulu and Amazon prime are all available. Guests are welcome to use the Netflix account on the TV - please log into the Guest profile. Guests should remember to log out of their accounts before checking out.
*NOTE: Upstairs unit bedroom is directly above the TV area in the apartment so guests should please keep volume below 50 at a maximum. Volume controls are on the side of the remote.
KITCHENETTE AND DINING:
Available in the property: Refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee Maker (w/ pods; e.g. Keurig), Dishes Utensils, Pantry Items
No dishwasher, no stove, no oven available!
Dining area seats: 2
Coffee maker details: Keurig
Available in the property: Wall Heating, Floor Fans
There is no AC, the studio stays quite cool all summer. There is a floor fan located next to the counter that can be used.
Heating is a panel heater under the window in the basement - ***DO NOT put any clothes, fabric or any other material on the panel heater!
The property has a view of Portage Bay and great landscaping.
Available in the property: Essentials (Towels, bed sheets, soap, shampoo, toilet paper), Hair Dryer, Hangers
Street parking only!
There is overnight street parking available in front of the house. It is usually plentiful though sometimes can get a bit crowded during the summer. There are dates where parking is NOT allowed on the street (~8 times/year) - these dates are during home game days for UW and are posted on white signs on the street.
Other things to note
- The ceilings are quite low (around 6' 10"). It's not a problem for most but for tall people it will feel quite cramped.
- Upstairs unit is occupied and they are never extremely noisy but you may hear footsteps or the TV.
- Upstairs unit laundry room is next to the bathroom so you might hear them doing laundry.
- The house is near a highway so there is some road noise that can be heard from the bedroom of the apartment.
- There is no air conditioning.
- Heating is a panel heater under the window in the basement - ***DO NOT put any clothes, fabric or any other material on the panel heater!
- The heat is a panel in the main living/sleeping area - there isn't one in the bathroom. We didn't put it in to be on the extra safe side with towels in the bathroom.
- House isn't handicapped accessible at all - have to climb like 15 stairs to get to the apartment.
- No parking on premise. Street Parking only. Please check signs for any parking restriction.
***ATTENTION: The apartment is located up a set of stairs from the main road which can get slippery in the middle of winter. BE CAREFUL!
Emergency exit instructions: Ground floor apartment - just exit through the door or windows.
License or registration number
1 Bathroom, 1 Toilet
SleepingBed linen, 1 Queen bed
CookingCoffee machine, Cooking utensils, Kitchenette, Microwave, Refrigerator
Heating/CoolingCentral heating, Heating available
OutsidePrivate Terrace (1)
EntertainmentWireless Broadband Internet, TV (Cable)
SanitaryHair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel-set
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit, Smoke Detector